Tuesday, July 23, 2013

WHO Inspires me

Mohandas Gandhi
Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
Mother Theresa
“Peace begins with a smile.”
Martin Luther King Jr.
I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Nelson Mandela
A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Dalai Lama
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
Princess Diana
Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.

John Lennon
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.



Siddhartha Gautama (aka Buddha)
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Master Kong Qiu (aka Confucious)
The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.

Jesus of Nazareth
Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them.

Do you know what each of these people had in common?
Peace and love.
For everyone.
No matter what your race, age, health, religion, or status was.
No judgement, no war, no cruel words.
Just peace and love.

These are the people I most admire, respect, and want to be more like.

You cannot change the world.  None of these people did.  They changed themselves, and the world watched, followed, and listened.
I am not going to change the world.  I am not going to change you.  I am going to change me, and hope that you see it.  I hope that my change encourages you.

This is my life motto, and it has been since I was a teenager in high school and I saw these words on my Journalism teachers wall.

"BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD"

That is what I will do.  I will be the change.  I will change myself.  I will answer any question put before me.  i will help anyone else who wants to change themselves.
Together, we are the world.

Much peace, love, and happiness
Lauren
The Happiest Woman Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment