Monday, September 2, 2013

Spread the LOVE

"The people who need the most love often ask for it in the most unloving ways." 
Have you ever met someone who is starving for love so badly that they reject all that is around them?  I know I've met a few people like that in my life.  There have been a hand full of them.  The ones who spew hate in ways that are almost incomprehensible.  THOSE are the people who actually need the most love and acceptance.



I've been watching some reality tv lately, and it seems like there are an abundance of "unhappy to the point of cruel" characters being portrayed.  Its difficult for me, because society likes to beat those people to a pulp with their comments and judgements.  I used to be extremely judgmental too.  I know what it feels like to look at a person who is acting out and think to myself how awful they are and feel the need to point it out to them.  Since I've been on this journey of self growth, self acceptance, and self love, I realize that those people we like to judge are really the ones who need the exact opposite.

When I was morbidly obese there were a couple people who felt the need to point out my weight in hopes that I would be so ashamed that I would do something about it.  It never worked, and only helped push me further into my self destructive behavior.  Its the same for those people who are "mean".  By calling them out, and giving back what they give out, you are not helping them grow, but increasing the likeliness that they will continue their poor behavior.  When I discovered SELF LOVE, I made the change.  Love is what motivates people to do better, not judgement or self depreciation.

Just like someone who is prejudice, racist, or bigoted, people who attack another person based on their character need to be educated in kindness and love.  They need to know that they are the equal of all man, not inferior or superior.  We are all made of the same stuff, just different presentations.  The beauty of the human mind is that we all have the ability to change for the better.  Anyone who wants another chance to make a change is absolutely allowed to do so, and they should get the recognition for it.  Its never too late to become the person you know you're capable of being.  And as human beings, we should always be supportive of the growth of those who wish to seek it.  There are always second, third, fourth, fifth, and more chances to be a good spirited person.  You never lose your chance.

So next time you hear someone say something mean spirited, don't judge them or return their behavior, but give them unconditional love and acceptance.  Tell that that they are good enough exactly the way they are, just like everyone else.  Let them know that its never too late to be kind and loving.  When you stop letting poor behavior rub off on you, you can experience a whole new level of happiness you've never thought possible!

Peace, Love, and Happiness
Lauren
The Happiest Woman Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment